Ilfracombe seafront plans develop
DETAILED plans for the enhancement of Ilfracombe seafront are to be considered at a meeting just before Christmas.
Initial ideas prepared by consultants LDA Design were heard on Thursday at a meeting of councillors, officers, partners and interested groups, including the Young Advisors who spoke for the youth of the town.
“What was clear is that the design of the seafront area must, as far as possible, meet the needs of visitors but also those living in the town,” said Sally Nelson of the North Devon Plus Joint Delivery Team.
“The layout of the various different uses is essential to its success and must ensure there are no conflicts such as those that exist at the moment with ball games next to a busy road.
“The area in front of the Landmark Theatre is critical to how the space functions and people agreed the links to the High Street through Millhead and Market Street needed to be made clearer and more accessible.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the designers had taken on board a number of comments following a lively but productive meeting and would return with more detailed proposals in the week before Christmas.
The proposed plans will then go out for consultation with the wider community as part of the planning application process.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 5 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 8 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 9 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 10 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon