Ilfracombe seafront plans develop
DETAILED plans for the enhancement of Ilfracombe seafront are to be considered at a meeting just before Christmas.
Initial ideas prepared by consultants LDA Design were heard on Thursday at a meeting of councillors, officers, partners and interested groups, including the Young Advisors who spoke for the youth of the town.
“What was clear is that the design of the seafront area must, as far as possible, meet the needs of visitors but also those living in the town,” said Sally Nelson of the North Devon Plus Joint Delivery Team.
“The layout of the various different uses is essential to its success and must ensure there are no conflicts such as those that exist at the moment with ball games next to a busy road.
“The area in front of the Landmark Theatre is critical to how the space functions and people agreed the links to the High Street through Millhead and Market Street needed to be made clearer and more accessible.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the designers had taken on board a number of comments following a lively but productive meeting and would return with more detailed proposals in the week before Christmas.
The proposed plans will then go out for consultation with the wider community as part of the planning application process.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 6 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 7 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 8 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 9 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 10 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton