Ilfracombe seafront plans develop
DETAILED plans for the enhancement of Ilfracombe seafront are to be considered at a meeting just before Christmas.
Initial ideas prepared by consultants LDA Design were heard on Thursday at a meeting of councillors, officers, partners and interested groups, including the Young Advisors who spoke for the youth of the town.
“What was clear is that the design of the seafront area must, as far as possible, meet the needs of visitors but also those living in the town,” said Sally Nelson of the North Devon Plus Joint Delivery Team.
“The layout of the various different uses is essential to its success and must ensure there are no conflicts such as those that exist at the moment with ball games next to a busy road.
“The area in front of the Landmark Theatre is critical to how the space functions and people agreed the links to the High Street through Millhead and Market Street needed to be made clearer and more accessible.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the designers had taken on board a number of comments following a lively but productive meeting and would return with more detailed proposals in the week before Christmas.
The proposed plans will then go out for consultation with the wider community as part of the planning application process.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 8 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 9 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 10 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe