Ilfracombe Scouts need a good deed
- Credit: Archant
Scout group needs help to get their new hut up and running.
ILFRACOMBE scouts are hoping local businesses can do them a good deed so they can move into their new home.
When the 1st Ilfracombe Scouts hut in Bradwell Lane was condemned due to structural problems, Reverend Robert Harris kindly offered them the use of an outbuilding at St Brannocks Vicarage.
The Bradwell Lane building was recently sold at auction, after being the scout’s home since the 1950s.
But the new premises also need work and while the scouts and volunteers have done their best to clear and decorate, they need materials too.
You may also want to watch:
At the moment the floorboards are bare and the group is appealing to any businesses that could donate 100 square metres of hardboard underlay for the floor, as well as the same amount of hard-wearing carpet tiles or carpet, in a ‘dirt friendly’ colour.
The Scouts also need some form of cost efficient electric heating system and some curtains or blinds for the windows.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 A dose of rugby reality for Barnstaple
Any business which might be able to help are asked to contact Group Scout Leader, James Currie-Cathey on 07775 303320 or email email@example.com.