Ilfracombe Scouts need a good deed
- Credit: Archant
Scout group needs help to get their new hut up and running.
ILFRACOMBE scouts are hoping local businesses can do them a good deed so they can move into their new home.
When the 1st Ilfracombe Scouts hut in Bradwell Lane was condemned due to structural problems, Reverend Robert Harris kindly offered them the use of an outbuilding at St Brannocks Vicarage.
The Bradwell Lane building was recently sold at auction, after being the scout’s home since the 1950s.
But the new premises also need work and while the scouts and volunteers have done their best to clear and decorate, they need materials too.
You may also want to watch:
At the moment the floorboards are bare and the group is appealing to any businesses that could donate 100 square metres of hardboard underlay for the floor, as well as the same amount of hard-wearing carpet tiles or carpet, in a ‘dirt friendly’ colour.
The Scouts also need some form of cost efficient electric heating system and some curtains or blinds for the windows.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
Any business which might be able to help are asked to contact Group Scout Leader, James Currie-Cathey on 07775 303320 or email email@example.com.