Ilfracombe’s TDK Lambda looks set to lose 14 jobs
- Credit: Archant
Electronics manufacturer will also reduce shift working under new ‘restructuring programme’
Ilfracombe electronic manufacturer TDK Lambda has announced today (Wednesday) it is proposing to shed 14 jobs.
The company said the restructuring programme for its manufacturing workforce would also see a reduction in shift working as part of efforts to combat a predicted drop in sales.
In a statement, TDK Lambda said: “It is very much regretted that this action is proving necessary, but it is important that the company remains competitive in the current global economic climate and is in a solid position for future growth.”
The company said it would now consult with employee representatives to consider ways of achieving the reductions and it would be seeking voluntary redundancies.
You may also want to watch:
TDK-Lambda UK currently employs over 300 people in the UK.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 8 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 9 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 10 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash