Ilfracombe’s TDK Lambda looks set to lose 14 jobs
- Credit: Archant
Electronics manufacturer will also reduce shift working under new ‘restructuring programme’
Ilfracombe electronic manufacturer TDK Lambda has announced today (Wednesday) it is proposing to shed 14 jobs.
The company said the restructuring programme for its manufacturing workforce would also see a reduction in shift working as part of efforts to combat a predicted drop in sales.
In a statement, TDK Lambda said: “It is very much regretted that this action is proving necessary, but it is important that the company remains competitive in the current global economic climate and is in a solid position for future growth.”
The company said it would now consult with employee representatives to consider ways of achieving the reductions and it would be seeking voluntary redundancies.
You may also want to watch:
TDK-Lambda UK currently employs over 300 people in the UK.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer