Ilfracombe RNLI Christmas event is a Cracker
SANTA will be arriving by lifeboat on Saturday at Ilfracombe RNLI s Christmas Cracker event at the Landmark Theatre. The free event runs from 11am-4pm and children should arrive early to greet Santa and his elves as they turn up at the theatre at 11.15am
SANTA will be arriving by lifeboat on Saturday at Ilfracombe RNLI's Christmas Cracker event at the Landmark Theatre.
The free event runs from 11am-4pm and children should arrive early to greet Santa and his elves as they turn up at the theatre at 11.15am aboard the new Ilfracombe Inshore Lifeboat Deborah Brown II, met by RNLI mascot Stormy Stan.
Then children can meet Santa in his grotto throughout the day until 3.30pm. There will also be a variety of Christmas gifts for sale in the theatre foyer to suit all ages and tastes.
In the Pavilion RNLI volunteers will be manning stalls that include RNLI souvenirs, toy and bottle tombolas, lucky dip, "X marks the spot," handmade items and raffles for a Christmas hamper and a framed print of Ilfracombe harbour by artist John Baxter.
You may also want to watch:
Due to generous donations from some lifeboat supporters, there will be two extra stalls this year, one selling dinosaurs and the other, dolls collected over many years - with all proceeds going to the RNLI.
Festive carols will be provided by local school choirs and refreshments, including Christmas cream teas, will be served all day.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
New for this year will a "message tree," with an opportunity to write a Christmas message to the Ilfracombe Lifeboat station crew. There will be a competition running all day to choose someone to present the messages to the crew.