Ilfracombe quiz fan to appear on Countdown
- Credit: Archant
Rod Chatfield is hoping to climb the game show ladder this week as he takes part in the popular television words and numbers show.
AN Ilfracombe guest house owner has girded his lexicon before setting forth to take part in the television battle of wits Countdown.
Rod Chatfield, 54, was in Salford on Monday to film his stint as a contestant on the popular Channel 4 letters and numbers game show presented by Nick Hewer and Rachel Wiley.
It is second time lucky for Rod, who auditioned for the show 20 years ago, but never made it through.
Rod and his wife Helen, who own Varley House, are keen attendants of the monthly Ilfracombe and District Toruism Association quiz nights at the George and dragon, so he is hoping that will stand him in good stead.
You may also want to watch:
“We enjoy that and normally do quite well,” he said.
“This is something a bit different and the one thing I am looking forward to is taking part.”
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
The afternoon show is made by ITV Studios and has been running for 67 series since first broadcast in 1982.
If Rod does well on Monday, he will record more shows this week as he bids to progress – local viewers can see how Rod fared on Thursday, December 5.