Ilfracombe prepares for a nautical lighting of the lights
Join the face of the RNLI to kick start Ilfracombe’s Christmas tonight (Wednesday).
ILFRACOMBE is gearing up for its annual lighting of the lights celebrations tonight (Wednesday) with a very nautical special guest.
RNLI mascot Stormy Stan will be doing the honours at the square by the war memorial this evening, to link the festivities into the town’s appeal for a new Shannon class lifeboat.
In the run up to the switch on at 7pm there will be a children’s lantern lit procession making its way from Oxford Grove and arriving at the square around 6.45pm.
Organised by Ilfracombe High Street Traders, the countdown will be led from an open topped bus after a short blessing by the Reverend Robert Harris, who will be joined by the Mayor of Ilfracombe, traders and guests.
Afterwards the bus will lead a parade of bands, Santa’s sleigh and festive characters up to the High Street for late night shopping and entertainment.
No rain is forecast.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage