Ilfracombe prepares for a nautical lighting of the lights
Join the face of the RNLI to kick start Ilfracombe’s Christmas tonight (Wednesday).
ILFRACOMBE is gearing up for its annual lighting of the lights celebrations tonight (Wednesday) with a very nautical special guest.
RNLI mascot Stormy Stan will be doing the honours at the square by the war memorial this evening, to link the festivities into the town’s appeal for a new Shannon class lifeboat.
In the run up to the switch on at 7pm there will be a children’s lantern lit procession making its way from Oxford Grove and arriving at the square around 6.45pm.
Organised by Ilfracombe High Street Traders, the countdown will be led from an open topped bus after a short blessing by the Reverend Robert Harris, who will be joined by the Mayor of Ilfracombe, traders and guests.
You may also want to watch:
Afterwards the bus will lead a parade of bands, Santa’s sleigh and festive characters up to the High Street for late night shopping and entertainment.
No rain is forecast.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience