Ilfracombe police seek tool thieves
A spates of thefts from tradesmen in the past week prompts appeal for witnesses.
TOOL THEFTS: Ilfracombe police are appealing for witnesses and warning tradesmen to be security conscious after a spate of tool thefts from vehicles and garages during the past week.
PCSO Karen Grant said it appeared tools were being deliberately targeted, after a van was broken into on Richmond Avenue overnight on Thursday, with tools stolen.
On what is thought to have been the same night a garage belonging to a builder in the town was also burgled.
Plus several vehicles were broken into overnight at The Lees on Tuesday, May 15.
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Grant has asked anyone who saw anything suspicious in those areas at those times, or who is offered second hand tools for sale, to contact Ilfracombe police station by dialling 101.
Tradesmen are urged to ensure vehicles and premises are secure, with no tools left in vehicles overnight. Ilfracombe station has a number of security packs available on the above number.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 8 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 9 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon