Ilfracombe police seek tool thieves
A spates of thefts from tradesmen in the past week prompts appeal for witnesses.
TOOL THEFTS: Ilfracombe police are appealing for witnesses and warning tradesmen to be security conscious after a spate of tool thefts from vehicles and garages during the past week.
PCSO Karen Grant said it appeared tools were being deliberately targeted, after a van was broken into on Richmond Avenue overnight on Thursday, with tools stolen.
On what is thought to have been the same night a garage belonging to a builder in the town was also burgled.
Plus several vehicles were broken into overnight at The Lees on Tuesday, May 15.
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Grant has asked anyone who saw anything suspicious in those areas at those times, or who is offered second hand tools for sale, to contact Ilfracombe police station by dialling 101.
Tradesmen are urged to ensure vehicles and premises are secure, with no tools left in vehicles overnight. Ilfracombe station has a number of security packs available on the above number.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'