Ilfracombe police seek tool thieves
A spates of thefts from tradesmen in the past week prompts appeal for witnesses.
TOOL THEFTS: Ilfracombe police are appealing for witnesses and warning tradesmen to be security conscious after a spate of tool thefts from vehicles and garages during the past week.
PCSO Karen Grant said it appeared tools were being deliberately targeted, after a van was broken into on Richmond Avenue overnight on Thursday, with tools stolen.
On what is thought to have been the same night a garage belonging to a builder in the town was also burgled.
Plus several vehicles were broken into overnight at The Lees on Tuesday, May 15.
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Grant has asked anyone who saw anything suspicious in those areas at those times, or who is offered second hand tools for sale, to contact Ilfracombe police station by dialling 101.
Tradesmen are urged to ensure vehicles and premises are secure, with no tools left in vehicles overnight. Ilfracombe station has a number of security packs available on the above number.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 5 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 8 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 9 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 10 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon