Ilfracombe pitch plans lodged
- Credit: Archant
Ilfracombe Academy submits plans for new community sports facilities.
ILFRACOMBE Academy has put in a planning application for a new state-of-the-art artificial pitch to provide much-needed community sports facilities for the town.
The ‘third generation’ 60 by 40 metre floodlit pitch is proposed for the old tennis courts in front of the school, currently used as a playground and the application also seeks permission for eight disabled parking spaces.
The facilities will be used by will be used by Ilfracombe Town Football Club as well as other sports clubs in the area.
It is proposed it will be open between 9am and 9.30pm on week days and 9am to 5pm at weekends.
The project has been led by the school, in partnership with North Devon Council and the football club. It was made possible after £211,000 in grants was secured from the Football Foundation, together with £20,000 from the Fullabrook Community Interest Company, taking the total to £316,000.
- 1 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 2 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 3 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 4 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 10 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers