Ilfracombe pitch plans lodged
- Credit: Archant
Ilfracombe Academy submits plans for new community sports facilities.
ILFRACOMBE Academy has put in a planning application for a new state-of-the-art artificial pitch to provide much-needed community sports facilities for the town.
The ‘third generation’ 60 by 40 metre floodlit pitch is proposed for the old tennis courts in front of the school, currently used as a playground and the application also seeks permission for eight disabled parking spaces.
The facilities will be used by will be used by Ilfracombe Town Football Club as well as other sports clubs in the area.
It is proposed it will be open between 9am and 9.30pm on week days and 9am to 5pm at weekends.
You may also want to watch:
The project has been led by the school, in partnership with North Devon Council and the football club. It was made possible after £211,000 in grants was secured from the Football Foundation, together with £20,000 from the Fullabrook Community Interest Company, taking the total to £316,000.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 7 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened