Ilfracombe Museum celebrates TripAdvisor award
- Credit: Archant
Attraction delighted to attain certificate of excellence for second year running.
ILFRACOMBE Museum is celebrating achieving a TripAdvisor certificate of excellence for the second year in a row.
The certificates only go to the top 10 per cent of establishments which get consistently high reviews on the internet travel site.
The museum also comes in as the top rated museum for the whole of Devon, according to the website.
“We’re very proud to get this and it means a lot to us because people give their honest opinions about the msuejm, so we’re pleased to get such good reviews,” said manager Sara Wilson.
You may also want to watch:
“They often comment how wonderful and quirky the collections are, the staff are so friendly and they like the fact children can get in free, while adults can return on the same ticket.”
The museum was opened in 1932 by Mervyn G Palmer top house his natural history collections and today has a vast assortment of curios including a shrunken head, pickled bats and a two-headed kitten. Victoriana displays run shoulders with those commemorating major events in the history of the town.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
Nearby attractions that also have a 2013 certificate of excellence include Watermouth Castle, Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur, Park Larkstone Cafe and Leisure Park and Exmoor Zoo.