Ilfracombe Museum celebrates TripAdvisor award
- Credit: Archant
Attraction delighted to attain certificate of excellence for second year running.
ILFRACOMBE Museum is celebrating achieving a TripAdvisor certificate of excellence for the second year in a row.
The certificates only go to the top 10 per cent of establishments which get consistently high reviews on the internet travel site.
The museum also comes in as the top rated museum for the whole of Devon, according to the website.
“We’re very proud to get this and it means a lot to us because people give their honest opinions about the msuejm, so we’re pleased to get such good reviews,” said manager Sara Wilson.
You may also want to watch:
“They often comment how wonderful and quirky the collections are, the staff are so friendly and they like the fact children can get in free, while adults can return on the same ticket.”
The museum was opened in 1932 by Mervyn G Palmer top house his natural history collections and today has a vast assortment of curios including a shrunken head, pickled bats and a two-headed kitten. Victoriana displays run shoulders with those commemorating major events in the history of the town.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
Nearby attractions that also have a 2013 certificate of excellence include Watermouth Castle, Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur, Park Larkstone Cafe and Leisure Park and Exmoor Zoo.