Ilfracombe man loves Lantern Court
The first ever resident of the new retirement apartment development overlooking the harbour watched his new home being built.
THE first ever resident of Lantern Court in Ilfracombe says waking up every morning of his retirement to a stunning view is the perfect start to the day.
Ilfracombe resident Gordon Miles said as soon as he heard the former Cliffe Hydro site was to become McCarthy and Stone retirement apartments he registered his interest,” said Gordon, who moved into his new home in June.
“It was the spectacular views on offer that was the real draw,”
“In my opinion the development boasts one of the best views in the South West of England.
“I used to live on the hill, almost directly above Lantern Court and so I got to witness my new home being built - it was very exciting seeing the development come together.”
The development itself has been designed with a security entry system and off-street parking, plus a shared lounge with views across the harbour as well as landscaped gardens and communal decking area.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
Lantern Court is a development of 42 one and two bedroom apartments exclusive to the over 60s, with prices starting at �139,950.