Ilfracombe man loves Lantern Court
The first ever resident of the new retirement apartment development overlooking the harbour watched his new home being built.
THE first ever resident of Lantern Court in Ilfracombe says waking up every morning of his retirement to a stunning view is the perfect start to the day.
Ilfracombe resident Gordon Miles said as soon as he heard the former Cliffe Hydro site was to become McCarthy and Stone retirement apartments he registered his interest,” said Gordon, who moved into his new home in June.
“It was the spectacular views on offer that was the real draw,”
“In my opinion the development boasts one of the best views in the South West of England.
You may also want to watch:
“I used to live on the hill, almost directly above Lantern Court and so I got to witness my new home being built - it was very exciting seeing the development come together.”
The development itself has been designed with a security entry system and off-street parking, plus a shared lounge with views across the harbour as well as landscaped gardens and communal decking area.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
Lantern Court is a development of 42 one and two bedroom apartments exclusive to the over 60s, with prices starting at �139,950.