Ilfracombe man loves Lantern Court
The first ever resident of the new retirement apartment development overlooking the harbour watched his new home being built.
THE first ever resident of Lantern Court in Ilfracombe says waking up every morning of his retirement to a stunning view is the perfect start to the day.
Ilfracombe resident Gordon Miles said as soon as he heard the former Cliffe Hydro site was to become McCarthy and Stone retirement apartments he registered his interest,” said Gordon, who moved into his new home in June.
“It was the spectacular views on offer that was the real draw,”
“In my opinion the development boasts one of the best views in the South West of England.
You may also want to watch:
“I used to live on the hill, almost directly above Lantern Court and so I got to witness my new home being built - it was very exciting seeing the development come together.”
The development itself has been designed with a security entry system and off-street parking, plus a shared lounge with views across the harbour as well as landscaped gardens and communal decking area.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
Lantern Court is a development of 42 one and two bedroom apartments exclusive to the over 60s, with prices starting at �139,950.