Ilfracombe man found with £11,000 of cocaine in rucksack
- Credit: Archant
The 32-year-old pleaded guilty to possession of the drugs and possession with intent to supply at North Devon Magistrates’ Court on Friday.
AN Ilfracombe drugs courier has appeared in court after he was caught with £11,000 of cocaine in his rucksack.
Jake King, 32, of Hillsborough Terracel, pleaded guilty to a charge of possession with intent to supply and also possessing cannabis, diazepam and amphetamine.
Prosecutor Lyndsey Baker said King was arrested in Queen Street after police saw him running from the bus station.
Officers searched his rucksack and found the drugs, along with several mobile phones and a metal spoon.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard King has been told to travel to Birmingham and bring the susbstances back to Ilfracombe to pay off a £4,000 drug debt.
Magistrates deemed their powers were insufficient and sent King to Exeter Crown Court where he will be sentenced on September 26.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon