Ilfracombe is hoping for a good tourist season
New Ilfracombe Guide already proving popular as the town gears up for the new season.
THE new Ilfracombe Guide already looks set to fly off the shelves as tourism businesses in the town prepare for what they hope will be a good season.
A total of 25,000 guides have been produced by Ilfracombe and District Tourism Association to promote the town and surrounding area, accommodation, restaurants, attractions and events.
It was published in mid December and requests for the guide are already up on last year.
An additional 70,000 copies of the Ilfracombe Destination leaflet have been printed and will be distributed to outlets across the region by Publicity South West and the town Tourist Information Centre.
Once again the cost of printing and producing the extra leaflets has been covered by the Ilfracombe Marketing Group set up by the town council.
More than 150,000 visitors passed through the doors of Ilfracombe TIC in 2011, an increase on the previous year and it is hoped that with more opting to stay the UK or taking short breaks for their holidays that 2012 will be an even better season.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 7 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 10 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far