Ilfracombe is hoping for a good tourist season
New Ilfracombe Guide already proving popular as the town gears up for the new season.
THE new Ilfracombe Guide already looks set to fly off the shelves as tourism businesses in the town prepare for what they hope will be a good season.
A total of 25,000 guides have been produced by Ilfracombe and District Tourism Association to promote the town and surrounding area, accommodation, restaurants, attractions and events.
It was published in mid December and requests for the guide are already up on last year.
An additional 70,000 copies of the Ilfracombe Destination leaflet have been printed and will be distributed to outlets across the region by Publicity South West and the town Tourist Information Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Once again the cost of printing and producing the extra leaflets has been covered by the Ilfracombe Marketing Group set up by the town council.
More than 150,000 visitors passed through the doors of Ilfracombe TIC in 2011, an increase on the previous year and it is hoped that with more opting to stay the UK or taking short breaks for their holidays that 2012 will be an even better season.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl