Woman found in the water at Ilfracombe harbour is named
- Credit: Archant
The woman whose body was found at Ilfracombe harbour on Sunday, December 6 has been named.
Police confirmed via her family that she was Susan Rawle, aged 73, from Ilfracombe.
She was found in the water at the harbour after police were alerted by the coastguard at around 9.20am.
Her identity was initially unknown and police released pictures of her coat, boots and a keyring in the hope that someone would recognise them.
Officers have thanked the community for their support and the members of the public who came forward to assist with identifying her.
You may also want to watch:
Susan was sadly pronounced dead at the scene after being found in the water near the Old Quay Head.
Police have said her death is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 4 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 5 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 6 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 7 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 8 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 9 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon