Woman found in the water at Ilfracombe harbour is named
- Credit: Archant
The woman whose body was found at Ilfracombe harbour on Sunday, December 6 has been named.
Police confirmed via her family that she was Susan Rawle, aged 73, from Ilfracombe.
She was found in the water at the harbour after police were alerted by the coastguard at around 9.20am.
Her identity was initially unknown and police released pictures of her coat, boots and a keyring in the hope that someone would recognise them.
Officers have thanked the community for their support and the members of the public who came forward to assist with identifying her.
You may also want to watch:
Susan was sadly pronounced dead at the scene after being found in the water near the Old Quay Head.
Police have said her death is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip