Woman found in the water at Ilfracombe harbour is named
- Credit: Archant
The woman whose body was found at Ilfracombe harbour on Sunday, December 6 has been named.
Police confirmed via her family that she was Susan Rawle, aged 73, from Ilfracombe.
She was found in the water at the harbour after police were alerted by the coastguard at around 9.20am.
Her identity was initially unknown and police released pictures of her coat, boots and a keyring in the hope that someone would recognise them.
Officers have thanked the community for their support and the members of the public who came forward to assist with identifying her.
You may also want to watch:
Susan was sadly pronounced dead at the scene after being found in the water near the Old Quay Head.
Police have said her death is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton