Body of woman found at Ilfracombe harbour is identified after appeal
- Credit: Archant
A woman whose body was found in the water at Ilfracombe harbour on Sunday morning (December 6) has been identified.
Her identity was unknown at the time and police released images of her clothing in their efforts to identify her and notify her next-of-kin.
Officers would like to thank the community for their support and the members of the public who came forward to assist with identifying her.
No name has yet been released but she has been described by police as a local woman in her early 70s and her next of kin have been told.
Police were called by the coastguard about the discovery at around 9.20am on Sunday. Sadly the woman was pronounced dead at the scene after being found in the water.
You may also want to watch:
Her death is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 4 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 5 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 6 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 7 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 8 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling