Body of woman found at Ilfracombe harbour is identified after appeal
- Credit: Archant
A woman whose body was found in the water at Ilfracombe harbour on Sunday morning (December 6) has been identified.
Her identity was unknown at the time and police released images of her clothing in their efforts to identify her and notify her next-of-kin.
Officers would like to thank the community for their support and the members of the public who came forward to assist with identifying her.
No name has yet been released but she has been described by police as a local woman in her early 70s and her next of kin have been told.
Police were called by the coastguard about the discovery at around 9.20am on Sunday. Sadly the woman was pronounced dead at the scene after being found in the water.
You may also want to watch:
Her death is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip