Body of woman found at Ilfracombe harbour is identified after appeal
- Credit: Archant
A woman whose body was found in the water at Ilfracombe harbour on Sunday morning (December 6) has been identified.
Her identity was unknown at the time and police released images of her clothing in their efforts to identify her and notify her next-of-kin.
Officers would like to thank the community for their support and the members of the public who came forward to assist with identifying her.
No name has yet been released but she has been described by police as a local woman in her early 70s and her next of kin have been told.
Police were called by the coastguard about the discovery at around 9.20am on Sunday. Sadly the woman was pronounced dead at the scene after being found in the water.
You may also want to watch:
Her death is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president