Appeal to identify the body of a woman found in Ilfracombe harbour
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for the public’s help to identify an unknown woman whose body was found in the water in Ilfracombe harbour on Sunday morning (December 6).
Police were called by the coastguard about the discovery at around 9.20am. Sadly the woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
She is described as a white woman in her late 40s or early 50s, around five feet seven inches tall, of slim build, with shoulder length brown hair and blue eyes.
CCTV footage shows the woman walking alone onto the jetty at around 8.10am, before taking off her coat and walking down the harbour steps, where she was later found in the water.
She was wearing a navy knitted jumper, a fleecy red scarf, gloves, black jeans and high top black boots.
You may also want to watch:
Her outer coat, pictured, which was left at the top of the steps, was three-quarter length, black and padded. She was wearing glasses and a yellow metal necklace. She had a set of keys on a bright blue keyring.
Anyone who has any information about this lady is asked to call police on 101 or email email@example.com quoting enquiry number, EN/019224/20.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip