Ilfracombe gig crews row for lifeboat
IT was best oars forward for Ilfracombe Pilot Gig Club after mixed crews of men and women completed a 24-mile sponsored row from their home port to Lynmouth and back. After a tiring, but enjoyable, day and with support from a number of helpers, the
IT was best oars forward for Ilfracombe Pilot Gig Club after mixed crews of men and women completed a 24-mile sponsored row from their home port to Lynmouth and back.
After a tiring, but enjoyable, day and with support from a number of helpers, the sponsor money raised went to the RNLI and to help the club.
Anyone who has ever fancied rowing but never knew where to start is invited along to Ilfracombe Pilot Gig Club this Saturday for a free taster session.
Throughout the day, from 10.15am onwards, visitors will have the chance to go aboard the club boats Rapparee or Capstone and try their hand at the oars in the calm of the harbour.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to try is invited to call Cindy Covill on (01271) 867465 to find out more and to book a time slot.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president