Ilfracombe fire meeting ‘will be open’
- Credit: Archant
Fire service has asked people to register if attending, but says no one will be turned away.
NO one will be turned away from the community consultation event over the future of Ilfracombe’s fire service on Thursday (April 18), it has been announced.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said it would still ask people planning to attend to register their names in advance if possible, simply to ensure enough staff will be on hand to cover the 7pm event at Ilfracombe Junior School.
It is proposed to make the town fire station on call only, removing its full daytime crew, as part of a package of measures to make savings of £5.5 million.
The format of tomorrow’s event will be a presentation followed by smaller discussions in groups of eight or so.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wishes to go along is asked to email ConsultationOfficer@dsfire.gov.uk or call 01392 872354.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull
- 9 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 10 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees