Ilfracombe fire meeting ‘will be open’
- Credit: Archant
Fire service has asked people to register if attending, but says no one will be turned away.
NO one will be turned away from the community consultation event over the future of Ilfracombe’s fire service on Thursday (April 18), it has been announced.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said it would still ask people planning to attend to register their names in advance if possible, simply to ensure enough staff will be on hand to cover the 7pm event at Ilfracombe Junior School.
It is proposed to make the town fire station on call only, removing its full daytime crew, as part of a package of measures to make savings of £5.5 million.
The format of tomorrow’s event will be a presentation followed by smaller discussions in groups of eight or so.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wishes to go along is asked to email ConsultationOfficer@dsfire.gov.uk or call 01392 872354.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed