Ilfracombe ferry will go to Cardiff, too
THE new Ilfracombe to Swansea ferry service will also run to Cardiff when it starts this spring, the Gazette can exclusively reveal. The chairman of Severn Link, Chris Marrow, will make the announcement today (Wednesday) when he addresses a gathering of N
THE new Ilfracombe to Swansea ferry service will also run to Cardiff when it starts this spring, the Gazette can exclusively reveal.
The chairman of Severn Link, Chris Marrow, will make the announcement today (Wednesday) when he addresses a gathering of North Devon tourism and business leaders at the Barnstaple Hotel.
The second service will actually dock at Penarth on the outskirts of Cardiff, but ferry operators will be arranging a direct link to take passengers the extra five miles into the city.
The service will operate on the same schedule as the Ilfracombe to Swansea route, with a daily service during the summer months.
You may also want to watch:
It means the attractions of Cardiff, including the airport, Millennium Stadium, shopping, historic buildings and culture, will be less than two hours away for people in North Devon.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes