Ilfracombe ferry announcement is 'imminent'
AN announcement for the spring launch date of the new Ilfracombe to South Wales ferry is imminent, it has been revealed. A spokesperson for Severn Link told the Gazette: Information on the timetables, pricing and how to book tickets is expected to be r
AN announcement for the spring launch date of the new Ilfracombe to South Wales ferry is "imminent," it has been revealed.
A spokesperson for Severn Link told the Gazette: "Information on the timetables, pricing and how to book tickets is expected to be released in the media and on www.severnlink.com in the next couple of weeks."
The eagerly anticipated service will see ferries departing from Ilfracombe for both Swansea and Penarth near Cardiff.
There had been rumoured reports of delays and problems gaining docking facilities on the Welsh side, but Severn Link explained:
You may also want to watch:
"We were hoping to have permanent landing facilities in place in Swansea for the launch date of the service, but these have taken a little longer than expected to be completed.
"Therefore we have secured temporary facilities in order to meet our expectations of a spring launch."
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
Keep up to date with ferry and booking news at www.severnlink.com.