Ilfracombe ferry announcement is 'imminent'
AN announcement for the spring launch date of the new Ilfracombe to South Wales ferry is imminent, it has been revealed. A spokesperson for Severn Link told the Gazette: Information on the timetables, pricing and how to book tickets is expected to be r
AN announcement for the spring launch date of the new Ilfracombe to South Wales ferry is "imminent," it has been revealed.
A spokesperson for Severn Link told the Gazette: "Information on the timetables, pricing and how to book tickets is expected to be released in the media and on www.severnlink.com in the next couple of weeks."
The eagerly anticipated service will see ferries departing from Ilfracombe for both Swansea and Penarth near Cardiff.
There had been rumoured reports of delays and problems gaining docking facilities on the Welsh side, but Severn Link explained:
You may also want to watch:
"We were hoping to have permanent landing facilities in place in Swansea for the launch date of the service, but these have taken a little longer than expected to be completed.
"Therefore we have secured temporary facilities in order to meet our expectations of a spring launch."
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
Keep up to date with ferry and booking news at www.severnlink.com.