Operators invited to bid to run Ilfracombe land train
- Credit: North Devon Council
Operators are being invited to bid to run Ilfracombe’s popular land train this summer.
The contract is up for renewal and North Devon Council is going out to tender for an operator to take the wheel in April.
Filers has operated the ‘Dotto’ train service for the past five years.
Since then it has become an established tourist attraction, providing an all-weather ride for visitors taking a whistle-stop tour of the town and all it has to offer.
The service runs from Hillsborough, through High Street, Church Street, Wilder Road, St James Place to The Pier and back to Hillsborough via The Cove from April to October.
You may also want to watch:
North Devon Council’s executive member for economic development, Councillor Pat Barker, says: “The land train is now a firmly established seasonal attraction in the town and is very popular with Ilfracombe’s numerous visitors.
“This is an attractive opportunity for anyone to build on what has already grown into a very popular service. Please get in touch with us for an informal chat if you’re interested.”
The opportunity to tender will soon be available online at www.supplyingthesouthwest.org.uk. For more information contact Vanessa Harrison in the Economic Development team on 01271 388216 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief