Ilfracombe designers up for international award
- Credit: Archant
VK Colourworks at Hele has made it into the final four of a prestigious world wide competition.
A small local interior design business in Ilfracombe has beaten off worldwide competition to be nominated for a prestigious design industry award.
VK Colourworks Ltd from Hele Business Park entered the Society of British Interior Designers Awards 2013 and was short listed to the last four in the Intelligent Design category - the only UK entrant to make it.
Now they need people in North Devon and beyond to help them win by voting for them online.
Owners Vicky Wilkins and Karley Fricker submitted an entry based on their re-design of The Moghul Brasserie restaurant in Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
The award entry demonstrated a clever design, reflecting the ambience needed, but taking into account the client’s budget.
Restaurant owner Mr Sauz praised the result and said VK Colourworks ‘had surpassed themselves’: “I never thought that they would be able to stick to the budget I set, and give me the desired results. They have actually done more than I could have wished for.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
“I can’t believe it,” said Karley, “we were up against large commercial companies from across the world, and never considered getting this far.”
To vote for VK Colourworks, go to http://internationaldesignexcellenceawards.com/shortlisted/