Ilfracombe designers up for international award
- Credit: Archant
VK Colourworks at Hele has made it into the final four of a prestigious world wide competition.
A small local interior design business in Ilfracombe has beaten off worldwide competition to be nominated for a prestigious design industry award.
VK Colourworks Ltd from Hele Business Park entered the Society of British Interior Designers Awards 2013 and was short listed to the last four in the Intelligent Design category - the only UK entrant to make it.
Now they need people in North Devon and beyond to help them win by voting for them online.
Owners Vicky Wilkins and Karley Fricker submitted an entry based on their re-design of The Moghul Brasserie restaurant in Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
The award entry demonstrated a clever design, reflecting the ambience needed, but taking into account the client’s budget.
Restaurant owner Mr Sauz praised the result and said VK Colourworks ‘had surpassed themselves’: “I never thought that they would be able to stick to the budget I set, and give me the desired results. They have actually done more than I could have wished for.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
“I can’t believe it,” said Karley, “we were up against large commercial companies from across the world, and never considered getting this far.”
To vote for VK Colourworks, go to http://internationaldesignexcellenceawards.com/shortlisted/