Ilfracombe crews called to chimney fire near Combe Martin
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to reports of a fire at Berry Down on Wednesday evening.
A FIRE engine from Ilfracombe was called to reports of a chimney fire at Berry Down, near Combe Martin yesterday (Wed).
When they arrived at the scene at around 8.50pm fire fighters found the fire was out.
They inspected the flue and back plate of a wood burner using a thermal imaging camera which identified some hot spots.
These were dampened down using a stirrup pump and small tools to cut away.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience