Ilfracombe concert in aid of Burkina Faso
TWO talented young musicians from Ilfracombe will be playing a concert to raise money to help the poor in the West-African country of Burkina Faso. It will be held in Emmanuel Church, Ilfracombe, on Wednesday, July 29 at 8.15pm Following last year s succ
TWO talented young musicians from Ilfracombe will be playing a concert to raise money to help the poor in the West-African country of Burkina Faso. It will be held in Emmanuel Church, Ilfracombe, on Wednesday, July 29 at 8.15pm
Following last year's successful evening, Ruth and Samuel Chapple will take to the stage to perform a wide variety of music, from Mozart to Gershwin.
Ruth is currently studying music at Cardiff University, with clarinet being her first instrument. Samuel is currently studying for an LRSM in piano performance. Joining them will be Phil Bridle, Malcolm Read, Vicki Jephcote & John Wilton.
The concert will also be dedicated to the memory of Ron Chapple, Ruth and Samuel's father, who died from cancer earlier this year. The money raised will go to the charity 'AEAD' , operating in Burkina Faso.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised in previous years went to build a dental surgery in Burkina Faso, which Ruth, Samuel and Belinda (Ruth & Samuel's mother) helped to install last year.
For more info, visit: www.ruthandsamuel.org
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!