Ilfracombe concert in aid of Burkina Faso
TWO talented young musicians from Ilfracombe will be playing a concert to raise money to help the poor in the West-African country of Burkina Faso. It will be held in Emmanuel Church, Ilfracombe, on Wednesday, July 29 at 8.15pm Following last year s succ
TWO talented young musicians from Ilfracombe will be playing a concert to raise money to help the poor in the West-African country of Burkina Faso. It will be held in Emmanuel Church, Ilfracombe, on Wednesday, July 29 at 8.15pm
Following last year's successful evening, Ruth and Samuel Chapple will take to the stage to perform a wide variety of music, from Mozart to Gershwin.
Ruth is currently studying music at Cardiff University, with clarinet being her first instrument. Samuel is currently studying for an LRSM in piano performance. Joining them will be Phil Bridle, Malcolm Read, Vicki Jephcote & John Wilton.
The concert will also be dedicated to the memory of Ron Chapple, Ruth and Samuel's father, who died from cancer earlier this year. The money raised will go to the charity 'AEAD' , operating in Burkina Faso.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised in previous years went to build a dental surgery in Burkina Faso, which Ruth, Samuel and Belinda (Ruth & Samuel's mother) helped to install last year.
For more info, visit: www.ruthandsamuel.org
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 3 Two charged with attempted murder after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 4 Burglars hit Ilfracombe business twice in three days
- 5 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 6 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 9 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?