Ilfracombe concert in aid of Burkina Faso
TWO talented young musicians from Ilfracombe will be playing a concert to raise money to help the poor in the West-African country of Burkina Faso. It will be held in Emmanuel Church, Ilfracombe, on Wednesday, July 29 at 8.15pm Following last year s succ
TWO talented young musicians from Ilfracombe will be playing a concert to raise money to help the poor in the West-African country of Burkina Faso. It will be held in Emmanuel Church, Ilfracombe, on Wednesday, July 29 at 8.15pm
Following last year's successful evening, Ruth and Samuel Chapple will take to the stage to perform a wide variety of music, from Mozart to Gershwin.
Ruth is currently studying music at Cardiff University, with clarinet being her first instrument. Samuel is currently studying for an LRSM in piano performance. Joining them will be Phil Bridle, Malcolm Read, Vicki Jephcote & John Wilton.
The concert will also be dedicated to the memory of Ron Chapple, Ruth and Samuel's father, who died from cancer earlier this year. The money raised will go to the charity 'AEAD' , operating in Burkina Faso.
Money raised in previous years went to build a dental surgery in Burkina Faso, which Ruth, Samuel and Belinda (Ruth & Samuel's mother) helped to install last year.
For more info, visit: www.ruthandsamuel.org
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 4 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 5 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 6 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 7 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 8 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 9 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 10 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers