Ilfracombe concert in aid of Burkina Faso
TWO talented young musicians from Ilfracombe will be playing a concert to raise money to help the poor in the West-African country of Burkina Faso. It will be held in Emmanuel Church, Ilfracombe, on Wednesday, July 29 at 8.15pm Following last year s succ
TWO talented young musicians from Ilfracombe will be playing a concert to raise money to help the poor in the West-African country of Burkina Faso. It will be held in Emmanuel Church, Ilfracombe, on Wednesday, July 29 at 8.15pm
Following last year's successful evening, Ruth and Samuel Chapple will take to the stage to perform a wide variety of music, from Mozart to Gershwin.
Ruth is currently studying music at Cardiff University, with clarinet being her first instrument. Samuel is currently studying for an LRSM in piano performance. Joining them will be Phil Bridle, Malcolm Read, Vicki Jephcote & John Wilton.
The concert will also be dedicated to the memory of Ron Chapple, Ruth and Samuel's father, who died from cancer earlier this year. The money raised will go to the charity 'AEAD' , operating in Burkina Faso.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised in previous years went to build a dental surgery in Burkina Faso, which Ruth, Samuel and Belinda (Ruth & Samuel's mother) helped to install last year.
For more info, visit: www.ruthandsamuel.org
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 10 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford