Ilfracombe company invests in future
ILFRACOMBE Foodservice will be moving to a larger new home at Mullacott early next year as part of a �1.6 million expansion and investment programme.
The food wholesaler has bought the 3.4 acre former Selkirk site on Mullacott Industrial Estate, at 68,000 square feet more than twice the size of its existing premises at Kingsley Avenue in the town.
It is part of a major investment which aims to expand the company product range and give its customers in the catering, service and hospitality industries a “one stop shop.”
Director Nigel O’ Connor, who is overseeing the project, said within the next five years the company hoped to double its turnover and would certainly give a boost for Ilfracombe by generating extra jobs for the area.
The project includes a major refurbishment of the site, with the installation of a large cold store with 600 pallet capacity in the freezer area and an enlarged chilled foods area, enabling the company to offer far more frozen products.
You may also want to watch:
In a determined effort to remain true to its roots the company – founded in 1972 by current owner and managing director Mike Watson - has placed most of the contractual work with local companies. Contractor Morgan Sindall is already working on the site.
“This move marks an exciting landmark in the company’s history and will allow us to offer our customers a far more extensive range of quality products,” said Mike Watson.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
“I am also extremely pleased we have been able to expand the company while remaining in the local area which is very important to me. We also have exciting plans to enter other product areas to complete the full service offering.”