Ilfracombe chocolate shop up for sale
- Credit: Archant
Walkers Chocolate Emporium has gone on the market priced at £475,000.
PROSPECTIVE buyers have a mouth-watering opportunity to gobble up one of Ilfracombe’s most iconic shops after Walkers Chocolate Emporium was put up for sale.
The High Street retail shop and chocolate museum is owned by husband and wife Linzi and Nigel Walker, who make their own chocolates on site.
The business has been in the town for 17 years and 10 years at its current location, and is being offered for sale by Webbers Commercial in Barnstaple, priced £475,000.
That includes the business premises plus a five storey terrace with four-bedrooms, cellar, garage and two decking areas, which the couple have extensively renovated.
You may also want to watch:
Linzi said after working as chocolatiers in the town for 17 years they had decided to ‘look for a new adventure’.
“We’re thinking maybe a bed and breakfast or a hotel, we’re not sure yet, but we came out of the hospitality trade to do this,” explained Linzi.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 3 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 9 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
“We were running a business in Sussex and wanted to come home to our house in North Devon, so Nigel just said ‘we should open a chocolate shop in Ilfracombe’.
“We make all the chocolate here on the premises and at the moment of course we are very busy making Easter eggs.”
Visitors can watch the chocolate being made and enjoy the Chocolate museum, whose highlights include a giant Easter egg, a huge chocolate rabbit and a six-foot chocolate man.