Ilfracombe charity walkers head for Plymouth
AN Ilfracombe man hit the road on Saturday for a sponsored walk to Plymouth and back to raise money for injured British soldiers. Terry Johnson, a former member of the Army Catering Corps is making the 200 mile round trip on behalf of Help for Heroes and
AN Ilfracombe man hit the road on Saturday for a sponsored walk to Plymouth and back to raise money for injured British soldiers.
Terry Johnson, a former member of the Army Catering Corps is making the 200 mile round trip on behalf of Help for Heroes and his fund raising overall total already stands at around �1,600.
An impressive �600 of that has been collected by fellow Ilfracombe resident Andy Aylett from his family and colleagues at TDK Lambda and who joined Terry on his journey.
No stranger to charity walks, last year Andy and his collie Sasha also walked from Lands End to Hadrian's Wall.
You may also want to watch:
An escort minibus was provided for Terry from the start of his journey to Knowle by Ilfracombe and District Community Transport Association, driven by volunteer Dave Roberts.
If you would like to sponsor the walkers, call Terry on 07837 350370 or to learn more about the charity, visit www.helpforheroes.org.uk.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 3 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
- 4 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 5 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 6 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland