Ilfracombe charity gets £13k grant funding
- Credit: Archant
Funding awarded to several Devon charities including the Wolf and Water Arts Company in Ilfracombe.
AN Ilfracombe charity has received a £13,190 funding grant from money raised through the Health Lottery.
The grant has been awarded to the Wolf and Water Arts Company which is a new one year project running a weekly ‘movement club’ for people with and without mental health problems.
The project aims to promote social contact and help to build greater understand among residents about mental health.
The money comes from £250,857 of funding awarded to Devon charities by HealthContact, with grants awarded by People’s Health Trust through Active Communities.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Lunn, Director of HealthContact, said: ‘The projects, supported using money raised by HealthContact, are extremely valuable to a wide range of individuals across this region, we look forward to hearing more about how these initiatives are enabling people to live longer healthier lives.”
Active Communities is for community groups and not-for-profit organisations with an income of less than £350,000 a year which are seeking investment of between £5,000 and £50,000 a year, for projects lasting up to two years.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
For more information visit www.peopleshealthtrust.org.uk