Ilfracombe charity gets £13k grant funding
- Credit: Archant
Funding awarded to several Devon charities including the Wolf and Water Arts Company in Ilfracombe.
AN Ilfracombe charity has received a £13,190 funding grant from money raised through the Health Lottery.
The grant has been awarded to the Wolf and Water Arts Company which is a new one year project running a weekly ‘movement club’ for people with and without mental health problems.
The project aims to promote social contact and help to build greater understand among residents about mental health.
The money comes from £250,857 of funding awarded to Devon charities by HealthContact, with grants awarded by People’s Health Trust through Active Communities.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Lunn, Director of HealthContact, said: ‘The projects, supported using money raised by HealthContact, are extremely valuable to a wide range of individuals across this region, we look forward to hearing more about how these initiatives are enabling people to live longer healthier lives.”
Active Communities is for community groups and not-for-profit organisations with an income of less than £350,000 a year which are seeking investment of between £5,000 and £50,000 a year, for projects lasting up to two years.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
For more information visit www.peopleshealthtrust.org.uk