Ilfracombe boot camp in line for award
AN Ilfracombe weight loss boot camp is to fall under the scrutiny of Dragon s Den star James Caan after being shortlisted for a national business award. NuBeginnings at Torrs Park has been shortlisted in the Nectar Business Small Business Awards 2010, w
AN Ilfracombe weight loss "boot camp" is to fall under the scrutiny of Dragon's Den star James Caan after being shortlisted for a national business award.
NuBeginnings at Torrs Park has been shortlisted in the Nectar Business Small Business Awards 2010, which will be judged by a panel of experts including "Dragon" James from the hit BBC TV show.
Victoria Wills, founder of the luxury boutique boot-camp, entered it into the Small Business of the Year category and thanks to its success it is now in with a chance of scooping the final prize of �2,000 cash, �2,000 to spend at Viking Direct and 50,000 Nectar points.
The NuBeginnings boot-camp opened in January 2008 but has gone from strength to strength and today employs a local team of 30. Victoria is now focusing on opening of a second NuBeginnings in the Loire Valley in France.
The Ilfracombe business is dedicated to helping guests lose weight not only through physical exercise but with an holistic programme of health and wellbeing.
It includes nutritional lectures, hypnotherapy and walks in the countryside, all designed to help maintain a balanced diet and exercise plan upon checking out of boot-camp.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 3 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 4 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 5 OPINION: Support North Devon's fantastic live music venues - Andy McAuley
- 6 OPINION: Channel your inner Wim Hof in Saunton this weekend
- 7 Barnstaple shop volunteer Jo wins Flame of Hope Award
- 8 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 9 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 10 OPINION: Food & Drink – The Heart of North Devon’s Rural Economy
"We're overwhelmed to be shortlisted for the Nectar Business Small Business of the Year Award 2010," said Victoria.
"Setting up the business was certainly not without its challenges, particularly during a time of economic recession, but I wholeheartedly believed in the vision.
"Which is why it's so rewarding for everyone at NuBeginnings to now share in being recognised as a leading UK small business - it's amazing.