Ilfracombe bicycle made for four...
ILFRACOMBE teenagers Joel Edwards and Duncan Rudlin, aged 13, thought they would do something slightly different for the occasion and created a quadruple bicycle by bolting four bikes together.
The unwieldy appearing mode of transport actually works once the lads had put in a bit of practice and Joel and Duncan continue to refine their design.
The Ilfracombe Arts College students spend a great deal of time in Joel’s grandfather Paul Goldring’s garage, who said the lads are always busy working on something new and continuing to refine their bicycle.
“No one had ever done it before,” said Joel.
“It was hard to control at first but no we’re getting the hang of it and everyone we go past stops to look, they can’t believe their eyes!”
You may also want to watch:
The pair also hope to enter their bike in Ilfracombe Carnival this August.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted