Ilfracombe bicycle made for four...
ILFRACOMBE teenagers Joel Edwards and Duncan Rudlin, aged 13, thought they would do something slightly different for the occasion and created a quadruple bicycle by bolting four bikes together.
The unwieldy appearing mode of transport actually works once the lads had put in a bit of practice and Joel and Duncan continue to refine their design.
The Ilfracombe Arts College students spend a great deal of time in Joel’s grandfather Paul Goldring’s garage, who said the lads are always busy working on something new and continuing to refine their bicycle.
“No one had ever done it before,” said Joel.
“It was hard to control at first but no we’re getting the hang of it and everyone we go past stops to look, they can’t believe their eyes!”
You may also want to watch:
The pair also hope to enter their bike in Ilfracombe Carnival this August.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe