Ilfracombe art trail is put on the map
- Credit: Archant
New iSPY maps being launched on Wednesday, February 19 will guide visitors around the town’s cultural highlights.
A new Ilfracombe art trail guide and map which reveals some of the town’s creative hidden gems will be officially launched on Wednesday of next week (February 19).
The iSPY map is a new concept devised by Gallery 103 owner Hannah Baker as a way of guiding visitors around the town’s cultural highlights, from Verity through to the High Street galleries and craft shops.
The free pocket-sized guide will be launched in the foyer of the Landmark Theatre from 11am-2pm, with all welcome to go along and find out more.
“This is an opportunity to meet all the shop and gallery owners on the map and find out more about what they make, do and sell,” said Hannah.
You may also want to watch:
“Plus take part in fun activities and a grand raffle with the chance to win exciting prizes donated by the shops and galleries involved.
“The map aims to draw together all the hidden gems and must-see attractions to form a trail around the town, perfect for those seeking cultural high-lights and local talent and for artists and makers in search of inspiration and materials to make their own work.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
The iSPY map has a Facebook page and an interactive online version, plus Hannah hopes to create iSPY map of creative North Devon as a whole, as well as other maps focusing on themes such as food and children’s activities.
The maps will be available free from participating shops and galleries across North Devon, along with other outlets such as tourist information offices and libraries.
For more information, to suggest any ideas or to be included on this or future iSPY maps, contact Hannah on 07963 585380, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.ispymap.co.uk