SIR - Discussions as to whether and where a very large off-shore wind farm is to be built are presently under way. If it is decided to build it in Yelland then this will be a massive boost to North Devon s economy. Idle speculation on the use of Fremingt
SIR - Discussions as to whether and where a very large off-shore wind farm is to be built are presently under way. If it is decided to build it in Yelland then this will be a massive boost to North Devon's economy.
Idle speculation on the use of Fremington Army Camp to house thousands of workers is just that - idle speculation. Furthermore, what about the opinions of the people of Fremington, Yelland and Instow?
We represent those wards and can assure everyone concerned that there will be full consultation before any decision is taken. These discussions are at a delicate stage and silly chatter could jeopardise North Devon's chances of winning this project. Careless talk could cost jobs.
John A Gill (Fremington & Yelland)
You may also want to watch:
Dick Jones (Fremington & Yelland)
Brian Moores (Instow)
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice