SIR - Discussions as to whether and where a very large off-shore wind farm is to be built are presently under way. If it is decided to build it in Yelland then this will be a massive boost to North Devon s economy. Idle speculation on the use of Fremingt
SIR - Discussions as to whether and where a very large off-shore wind farm is to be built are presently under way. If it is decided to build it in Yelland then this will be a massive boost to North Devon's economy.
Idle speculation on the use of Fremington Army Camp to house thousands of workers is just that - idle speculation. Furthermore, what about the opinions of the people of Fremington, Yelland and Instow?
We represent those wards and can assure everyone concerned that there will be full consultation before any decision is taken. These discussions are at a delicate stage and silly chatter could jeopardise North Devon's chances of winning this project. Careless talk could cost jobs.
John A Gill (Fremington & Yelland)
You may also want to watch:
Dick Jones (Fremington & Yelland)
Brian Moores (Instow)
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 7 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 8 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 9 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users