SIR - Discussions as to whether and where a very large off-shore wind farm is to be built are presently under way. If it is decided to build it in Yelland then this will be a massive boost to North Devon s economy. Idle speculation on the use of Fremingt
SIR - Discussions as to whether and where a very large off-shore wind farm is to be built are presently under way. If it is decided to build it in Yelland then this will be a massive boost to North Devon's economy.
Idle speculation on the use of Fremington Army Camp to house thousands of workers is just that - idle speculation. Furthermore, what about the opinions of the people of Fremington, Yelland and Instow?
We represent those wards and can assure everyone concerned that there will be full consultation before any decision is taken. These discussions are at a delicate stage and silly chatter could jeopardise North Devon's chances of winning this project. Careless talk could cost jobs.
John A Gill (Fremington & Yelland)
Dick Jones (Fremington & Yelland)
Brian Moores (Instow)
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 3 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 10 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets