SIR - Discussions as to whether and where a very large off-shore wind farm is to be built are presently under way. If it is decided to build it in Yelland then this will be a massive boost to North Devon s economy. Idle speculation on the use of Fremingt
SIR - Discussions as to whether and where a very large off-shore wind farm is to be built are presently under way. If it is decided to build it in Yelland then this will be a massive boost to North Devon's economy.
Idle speculation on the use of Fremington Army Camp to house thousands of workers is just that - idle speculation. Furthermore, what about the opinions of the people of Fremington, Yelland and Instow?
We represent those wards and can assure everyone concerned that there will be full consultation before any decision is taken. These discussions are at a delicate stage and silly chatter could jeopardise North Devon's chances of winning this project. Careless talk could cost jobs.
John A Gill (Fremington & Yelland)
You may also want to watch:
Dick Jones (Fremington & Yelland)
Brian Moores (Instow)
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington