Icy temperatures predicted tonight
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for ice tonight (Thurs) so take care on the roads.
TEMPERATURES are expected to fall below freezing overnight as the Met Office issues a weather warning for North Devon.
The yellow warning for ice runs from 4.30pm today (Thurs) until 11.30am tomorrow.
A spokesman for the Met Office said: “Temperatures are expected to fall below freezing overnight across many parts of England and Wales.
“Due to the recent wet weather there is an increased risk of icy patches, even on roads that have been treated with salt, where water run off/seepage may wash off any earlier salt treatment.”
You may also want to watch:
If you spot any dangerous ice on the roads tweet us @northdevon24 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality