Ice expected tonight as temperatures drop below freezing
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Met Office issues weather warning for ice after a wet day today (Monday).
It’s predicted to be an icy night in North Devon tonight (Monday) with a weather warning for ice in place.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning from 9pm until 9am tomorrow (Tuesday).
After rain this morning, surfaces are expected to stay wet and could become icy as temperatures drop below freezing tonight.
A chief forecaster said: “Outbreaks of rain across the SW of England and Wales on Monday morning have led to saturated ground, whilst roads and pavements are expected to remain wet in places into Monday night due to seepage and run off from fields.
You may also want to watch:
“With skies slowly clearing from the east overnight, as cold air from the continent spreads west, temperatures are expected to steadily fall leading to a frost and some icy patches developing.”
- 1 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 2 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 5 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 6 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 7 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 8 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 9 A39 Atlantic Highway near new school 'safe' after no collisions in two years
- 10 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning