Ice expected tonight as temperatures drop below freezing
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Met Office issues weather warning for ice after a wet day today (Monday).
It’s predicted to be an icy night in North Devon tonight (Monday) with a weather warning for ice in place.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning from 9pm until 9am tomorrow (Tuesday).
After rain this morning, surfaces are expected to stay wet and could become icy as temperatures drop below freezing tonight.
A chief forecaster said: “Outbreaks of rain across the SW of England and Wales on Monday morning have led to saturated ground, whilst roads and pavements are expected to remain wet in places into Monday night due to seepage and run off from fields.
You may also want to watch:
“With skies slowly clearing from the east overnight, as cold air from the continent spreads west, temperatures are expected to steadily fall leading to a frost and some icy patches developing.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council