Hunt for owner of emaciated dog in Fremington
THE RSPCA is trying to trace the owner of an emaciated dog found wandering in a park at Fremington. A member of the public took the dog to a vet, who contacted the RSPCA because of its condition. The dog was totally emaciated, quite heavily matted and d
THE RSPCA is trying to trace the owner of an emaciated dog found wandering in a park at Fremington.
A member of the public took the dog to a vet, who contacted the RSPCA because of its condition.
The dog was totally emaciated, quite heavily matted and dirty. Staff at the vets cleaned her up before photographs were taken. She had no collar or microchip.
The black and white spaniel cross has been aged by the vets at between six and seven years old. She is very friendly and knows basic commands, such as sit and paw.
You may also want to watch:
RSPCA inspector Suzy Hannaby, who is investigating, said: "This is the thinnest dog I have ever seen which was still able to stand. She really was just skin and bone when I first saw her.
"I am very keen to trace the owner of this dog and find out how she came to be in this state and also ensure that no other animals are suffering in this way."
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 3 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Anyone with information about this dog is urged to contact the RSPCA cruelty and information line on 0300 1234 999 and leave a message for Inspector Hannaby. Calls are treated in strictest confidence.