Exhibitions detail wind farm progress and consultation continues.

A TOTAL of 667 people attended a series of seven public exhibitions held in North Devon as part of the consultation into the Atlantic Array Offshore Wind Farm.

The exhibitions gave details of the results of the environmental impact assessments for the proposed wind farm and highlighted the changes that had been made to proposals following last year’s first round of public consultations.

Robert Thornhill, wind farm development manager RWE npower renewables, said: “Many people were pleased to see that we had listened to their comments and acted on them by reducing the maximum number of turbines in our application and reducing the spread of turbines across the horizon.

“We were able to answer questions, discuss people’s specific concerns and explain our plans in more detail, face-to-face.

“We were very pleased by the numbers of people who said they appreciated us taking the time to come to Devon to talk to them and by answering queries, we were able to put quite a few people’s minds at rest.”

The deadline for responses is 5pm on August 31. Those unable to attend an exhibition can still view the plans online or at their local library.

“We encourage people to fill in our feedback forms which are available to download on our website, email or write to us,” added Mr Thornhill.

“Feedback collected will be used to further shape our final application which will be submitted to the Infrastructure Planning Commission later this year.”