Hundreds take part in sports programme
ANOTHER super summer of sport and creative fun across North Devon has come to an end. The Supersport summer activity programme offered taster sessions for children and young people for five weeks during the school holiday. It was organised by North Devon
ANOTHER super summer of sport and creative fun across North Devon has come to an end.
The Supersport summer activity programme offered taster sessions for children and young people for five weeks during the school holiday. It was organised by North Devon Council in partnership with after-school activity provider, Extended Services.
This year, more than 800 activity places were filled, which included adventure days, cookery workshops, street dance and rugby.
Councillor Dick Jones, Lead Member for Community and Leisure, said: "It is fantastic to hear that so many children and young people across North Devon have been making the most of the summer holiday and trying something new. A lot of hard work goes into organising the programme so it is a tribute to all involved that it has been so well received.
You may also want to watch:
"The programme is just one of the ways that the council is trying to encourage our children and young people to enjoy an active and healthy lifestyle as well as pursuing new and exciting interests."
This year is the first time that creative activities have been included in the Supersport programme. To find out what parents and children think about the new list of events and what could be improved, a questionnaire is being sent out to everyone who took part.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
The council's contractor for the North Devon Leisure Centre, Parkwood Leisure, also ran its Camp Adventure programme at the same time as Supersport. These activities also attracted record amounts with 1,800 places filled by children and young people from across North Devon.