HUNDREDS join funeral procession for Torrington teenager
HUNDREDS of people took part in a cortege through the streets of Torrington today for the funeral of much loved local teenager Daylin Brown. Daylin died in a road accident just outside the town on February 5. Young friends gathered outside his home in Cal
HUNDREDS of people took part in a cortege through the streets of Torrington today for the funeral of much loved local teenager Daylin Brown.
Daylin died in a road accident just outside the town on February 5.
Young friends gathered outside his home in Calf Street to join the funeral procession to the parish church of St Michael and All Angels.
Daylin's white coffin was decorated with the colours of Leeds Utd FC and was carried on a low-loader vehicle provided by his employers K and J Plant Ltd. An escort of K and J workers led the way.
This reflected the two main loves in Daylin's life, his work and colleagues at K and J and his long-held following of Leeds Utd.
A letter of condolence was received by the family from the Leeds manager Simon Grayson.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 7 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 8 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 9 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple
So popular was young Daylin that no fewer than 15 of his friends - and younger brother Devon - acted as bearers.
The parish church was packed for the funeral service, led by the Rector, the Rev Jeremy Hummerstone and a sound system was set up to relay the service to others outside in the churchyard.
More details in the Gazette next week.