How the drama unfolded day by day
Jan 12 – Vincent Lucien Balzani Barrow born at 6.32pm at North Devon District Hospital at 25 weeks and 5 days, 1lb12oz. Three-and-a-half months early. Jan 13 – Vincent is transferred to Derriford. Jan 19 – Vincent is transferred to Bristol St Michael s Ho
Jan 12 - Vincent Lucien Balzani Barrow born at 6.32pm at North Devon District Hospital at 25 weeks and 5 days, 1lb12oz. Three-and-a-half months early.
Jan 13 - Vincent is transferred to Derriford.
Jan 19 - Vincent is transferred to Bristol St Michael's Hospital and also to Bristol Royal Hospital for Children for a stomach operation.
Jan 26 - Vincent is stable and doing well in Bristol after successful tummy operation. However, has excess fluid on his brain and has an operation at Frenchay Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Jan 31 - Vincent is being weaned off ventilation and morphine. His lungs are working well, but his heart duct is still to close and head still swollen.
Feb 4 - Vincent remains stable in Bristol and is breathing partly on his own. Brain is still swollen with fluid build up.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 3 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 6 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 9 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
Feb 7 - Vincent transferred to Exeter and is feeding on his mum's milk. Becoming strong and healthy and growing daily. Lungs are good and duct in heart is closed, Mum and dad still hoping for breakthrough with his brain.
Feb 9 - Vincent is four weeks old today and out of intensive care and is now classed as "high dependency." Feeding 14ml every two hours, and putting on some weight. Brain fluid drained every few days and brain cells still to heal.
Feb 23 - Vincent reaches 3lb and is breathing on his own part-time. Transferred to Exeter hospital. No brain fluid drained for nine days.
Feb 27 - Vincent weighs 3lb 2oz.
March 6 - Vincent weighs 3lb 6oz. No fluid drained for three weeks.
March 12 - Vincent in North Devon District Hospital, Barnstaple. Weighs 3lb 12oz and is doing very well.
March 18 - Vincent weighs 4lb 1oz.
March 24 - Vincent comes off of all monitors and out of "hot cot". Weighs 4lb 3oz.
April 4 - Vincent comes home.