How the drama unfolded day by day
Jan 12 – Vincent Lucien Balzani Barrow born at 6.32pm at North Devon District Hospital at 25 weeks and 5 days, 1lb12oz. Three-and-a-half months early. Jan 13 – Vincent is transferred to Derriford. Jan 19 – Vincent is transferred to Bristol St Michael s Ho
Jan 12 - Vincent Lucien Balzani Barrow born at 6.32pm at North Devon District Hospital at 25 weeks and 5 days, 1lb12oz. Three-and-a-half months early.
Jan 13 - Vincent is transferred to Derriford.
Jan 19 - Vincent is transferred to Bristol St Michael's Hospital and also to Bristol Royal Hospital for Children for a stomach operation.
Jan 26 - Vincent is stable and doing well in Bristol after successful tummy operation. However, has excess fluid on his brain and has an operation at Frenchay Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Jan 31 - Vincent is being weaned off ventilation and morphine. His lungs are working well, but his heart duct is still to close and head still swollen.
Feb 4 - Vincent remains stable in Bristol and is breathing partly on his own. Brain is still swollen with fluid build up.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 7 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
Feb 7 - Vincent transferred to Exeter and is feeding on his mum's milk. Becoming strong and healthy and growing daily. Lungs are good and duct in heart is closed, Mum and dad still hoping for breakthrough with his brain.
Feb 9 - Vincent is four weeks old today and out of intensive care and is now classed as "high dependency." Feeding 14ml every two hours, and putting on some weight. Brain fluid drained every few days and brain cells still to heal.
Feb 23 - Vincent reaches 3lb and is breathing on his own part-time. Transferred to Exeter hospital. No brain fluid drained for nine days.
Feb 27 - Vincent weighs 3lb 2oz.
March 6 - Vincent weighs 3lb 6oz. No fluid drained for three weeks.
March 12 - Vincent in North Devon District Hospital, Barnstaple. Weighs 3lb 12oz and is doing very well.
March 18 - Vincent weighs 4lb 1oz.
March 24 - Vincent comes off of all monitors and out of "hot cot". Weighs 4lb 3oz.
April 4 - Vincent comes home.