How can you help?
Plenty of ways to get involved with the appeal
PEOPLE in North Devon are being asked to throw themselves into raising money for a new chemotherapy and day treatment unit at North Devon District Hospital – and they’ll certainly be able to do just that at a special skydive event taking place this summer.
The sponsored 15,0000ft tandem jump on Saturday, July 2 is the first of a number of events being organised to help the campaign reach its �2.2million target.
“Our jump provider is ‘Skydive UK Ltd’ and they have many years of expertise to make your skydive experience a time to remember,” said the appeal’s fund-raising manager Ian Roome.
“We have specific block booking days throughout the year. However, you can skydive on any date.”
You may also want to watch:
The appeal has been registered as an independent charity under the name Northern Devon Healthcare Trust Charitable Fund. Mr Roome said he hoped people in North Devon would take the campaign to their hearts.
“We can help you to organise your own fund-raising event or point you in the direction of one you can take part in,” he said.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
“We have set up a special website – www.northdevonhealth.nhs.uk/charity – where people can make a donation or find out more about the appeal.
“The site is packed with ideas for events and sponsorship as well as some guidelines to help ensure that your fund-raising is fun, legal and profitable.
“If you would like to help us reach our target for this special appeal, please talk to our fund-raising team on (01271) 311772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.”
The North Devon Gazette will also be helping to publicise the appeal through our news pages.
We’ll be running regular updates in the newspaper and have set up a dedicated appeal page on our website with information about what’s going on and how to get involved.
Editor Dave Tanner said: “Our readers have shown themselves to be incredibly generous over the years and I’m sure that they will rise to the occasion and get behind this fantastic appeal.”
If you’re thinking of holding an event, contact our newsdesk on (01271) 345056 and let us know about it.