How about a webpage?
It was reported that a campaign is to be undertaken to try and prevent cold callers who we know target the vulnerable (“Stopping cold callers”, Gazette, April 24).
I have asked the police to set up a Facebook page where alerts can be sent to all who subscribe.
North Swindon Police have set up a Facebook page and the feedback is that it’s very successful.
Why won’t our local force do the same?
Meanwhile, I am pleased, as I’m sure others are, that Torridge District Council has at last adopted new regulations regarding dog control (Gazette, April 24, page 12).
You may also want to watch:
I do feel, however, that the councillors were cowards in not adopting the rule that dogs had to be on leads on Northam Burrows.
I have written to TDC’s dog warden to ask how they intend to enforce the new rules.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
For example, is it the intention to renew and make clearer the signs at the entrance to both Victoria Park and the beach at Westward Ho!?
How will a “dogs on leads by direction” order be enforced at weekends on Northam Burrows?
Will phone numbers be made available on notices at the entrance to these three areas?
Will TDC give consideration to the use of “authorised volunteers” to assist in advising dog owners whose dogs are causing problems?
EDITOR’S NOTE: Mr Glaholm has since emailed with Torridge District Council’s responses to his questions. These are as follows: All the signs in Victoria Park and the beach at Westward Ho! will be changed and there will be a phone number on them to call if anyone has a problem. Weekends on Northam Burrows will be covered by the rangers. On the question of authorised volunteers, there are too many insurance issues for the idea to be workable.