How about a webpage?
It was reported that a campaign is to be undertaken to try and prevent cold callers who we know target the vulnerable (“Stopping cold callers”, Gazette, April 24).
I have asked the police to set up a Facebook page where alerts can be sent to all who subscribe.
North Swindon Police have set up a Facebook page and the feedback is that it’s very successful.
Why won’t our local force do the same?
Meanwhile, I am pleased, as I’m sure others are, that Torridge District Council has at last adopted new regulations regarding dog control (Gazette, April 24, page 12).
You may also want to watch:
I do feel, however, that the councillors were cowards in not adopting the rule that dogs had to be on leads on Northam Burrows.
I have written to TDC’s dog warden to ask how they intend to enforce the new rules.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
For example, is it the intention to renew and make clearer the signs at the entrance to both Victoria Park and the beach at Westward Ho!?
How will a “dogs on leads by direction” order be enforced at weekends on Northam Burrows?
Will phone numbers be made available on notices at the entrance to these three areas?
Will TDC give consideration to the use of “authorised volunteers” to assist in advising dog owners whose dogs are causing problems?
EDITOR’S NOTE: Mr Glaholm has since emailed with Torridge District Council’s responses to his questions. These are as follows: All the signs in Victoria Park and the beach at Westward Ho! will be changed and there will be a phone number on them to call if anyone has a problem. Weekends on Northam Burrows will be covered by the rangers. On the question of authorised volunteers, there are too many insurance issues for the idea to be workable.