Housing options service on the move in Barnstaple
From worries about homelessness to looking for an affordable home – if you have any housing issues, thenpeople are being urged to visit the new site of North Devon Council s Housing Options Service. From Tuesday, the team will move into the Civic Centre
From worries about homelessness to looking for an affordable home - if you have any housing issues, thenpeople are being urged to visit the new site of North Devon Council's Housing Options Service.
From Tuesday, the team will move into the Civic Centre on North Walk in Barnstaple, having outgrown the Housing Advice Centre in Boutport Street.
As part of the move, The Housing Options Service will be working closely with the Customer Service Centre. This means customers can also get help and advice at The Ilfracombe Centre and at The Amory Centre in South Molton, which are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Councillor Brian Moores, Lead Member for Housing, says: "The move of our Housing Options team will mean they will have more space to meet clients and carry out their work. It will also mean the team has better access to other resources to help individuals, with other services by North Devon Council and Devon County Council both close to hand."
You may also want to watch:
Housing Options Service Manager Trudy Robinson said:: "Our service has developed over the last few years and we are helping to prevent more people from being homeless every year. We have loved being at the Housing Advice Centre, but accept that we can't continue to operate from that site. We now look forward to moving to the Civic so that we can continue to improve."
Customers can contact the Housing Options Service at::
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
* Civic Centre, North Walk, Barnstaple, EX31 1EA
* The Ilfracombe Centre, 44 High Street, Ilfracombe, EX34 9QB
* The Amory House, 125 East Street, South Molton, EX36 3BU.
They can also phone 01271 388870, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the council website