Hotel trek to aid chemo appeal
Walk around Devon and Cornwall will stop at all 11 Brend hotels.
INSURANCE brokers are stepping out of the office to embark on 185-mile trek around Devon and Cornwall in aid of the Chemotherapy Appeal.
Several members of Exeter-based Fidelius Insurance Services Ltd are setting off on a 10-day hike, stopping off at all 11 Brend Group hotels in the two counties.
The group, which includes Fidelius director Sarah Page, will start at The Royal Duchy Hotel in Falmouth on June 1 and finish at The Saunton Sands Hotel on June 10.
Sarah said the walk was being undertaken to mark her firm’s 30 years in the local insurance industry.
You may also want to watch:
Among those accompanying her is senior account executive Russell Langham, who is supporting the appeal as part of his fund-raising efforts as president of the Exeter Chartered Insurance Institute.
The Brend Hotel Group, which is a client of Fidelius, has offered their support to the appeal.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 5 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 8 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 9 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 10 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
To sponsor their effort and help boost the �2.2million appeal for a brand new dedicated chemotherapy unit and day treatment centre at North Devon District Hospital, visit the group’s fund-raising website at www.westcountrychemotrek2012.co.uk