Hotel trek to aid chemo appeal
Walk around Devon and Cornwall will stop at all 11 Brend hotels.
INSURANCE brokers are stepping out of the office to embark on 185-mile trek around Devon and Cornwall in aid of the Chemotherapy Appeal.
Several members of Exeter-based Fidelius Insurance Services Ltd are setting off on a 10-day hike, stopping off at all 11 Brend Group hotels in the two counties.
The group, which includes Fidelius director Sarah Page, will start at The Royal Duchy Hotel in Falmouth on June 1 and finish at The Saunton Sands Hotel on June 10.
Sarah said the walk was being undertaken to mark her firm’s 30 years in the local insurance industry.
You may also want to watch:
Among those accompanying her is senior account executive Russell Langham, who is supporting the appeal as part of his fund-raising efforts as president of the Exeter Chartered Insurance Institute.
The Brend Hotel Group, which is a client of Fidelius, has offered their support to the appeal.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
To sponsor their effort and help boost the �2.2million appeal for a brand new dedicated chemotherapy unit and day treatment centre at North Devon District Hospital, visit the group’s fund-raising website at www.westcountrychemotrek2012.co.uk