Hotel and pub chain plan Bideford move
Hospitality giant look to open second North Devon Premier Inn and Brewer’s Fayre
PLANS to build a new Premier Inn hotel and Brewer’s Fayre restaurant could be on the cards for Bideford, the North Devon Gazette has learned.
Parent company Whitbread is understood to have bought an undisclosed site in Bideford and are preparing to submit a planning application to Torridge District Council.
Plans are said to be so far advanced that a 59-bed hotel and family pub could be built in the town before the end of the year. It could create welcome jobs for Bideford
Despite contacting the company on Friday, Whitbread, whose brands also include Beefeater, Table Table and Costa Coffee, was unable to comment before the Gazette went to press yesterday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
The company runs 100s of Premier Inn and Brewer’s Fayres around the country, including businesses in Whiddon Valley, Barnstaple.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new