Hot bath for Barnstaple firemen
- Credit: Archant
Crews called out to two fires in the town on Wednesday.
BARNSTAPLE fire crews were called out twice yesterday (Wednesday) to deal with fires in the town.
There was no morning queue for a burning bathroom just before 8am at a property at Hughes Avenue, with flames spreading inside the roof space thanks to an extraction fan.
Two fire crews attended and fire fighters donned breathing apparatus and used a hose to tackle the blaze, before getting inside the building to deal with the roof space flames.
The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental.
You may also want to watch:
Then at 10.40pm that evening they were called to a chimney fire at Kingsley Avenue, which was well alight when crews arrived. The flames were extinguished using chimney gear and small tools.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes