Hospital to review local dementia care
Feedback wanted from people who are affected by different types of dementia
NORTHERN Devon Healthcare NHS Trust wants to hear from local people affected by dementia.
As part of an on-going review of the care it provides for patients with dementia, the Trust’s Patient and Public Involvement team is holding the latest in a series of focus groups next week.
The next session takes place in the Reablement Lounge at Bideford Hospital on Wednesday, August 10, from 2-5pm.
It is open to anyone who is suffering from dementia, or has a close relative or friend affected by the condition.
You may also want to watch:
Jenny Jacobs, patient and public involvement manager, said: “We are keen to understand the experiences of patients with dementia, both good and bad and listen to suggestions on what could be improved for the future.
“We know we do some things well but are also aware that some areas could be improved for people whose lives are affected by this challenging condition.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
“Dementia is common in our community and across the UK it is estimated 820,000 people are living with dementia, with that number expected to double over the next 30 years.
“We want to work with people whose lives are affected by dementia to help us review, develop and improve the care we provide. I would encourage those people in the community who have experience of dementia to help us by attending one of the focus group sessions.”
Those interested in attending a focus group session or who would like more information should contact Jayne Kruszewski, on (01271) 311726 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org