Hospital to review local dementia care
Feedback wanted from people who are affected by different types of dementia
NORTHERN Devon Healthcare NHS Trust wants to hear from local people affected by dementia.
As part of a review of the care it provides for patients with dementia, the Trust’s Patient and Public Involvement team is holding a series of focus groups this month.
“If you suffer from dementia, or a close relative or friend has dementia, or if you provide care and support to someone with dementia, we would like to hear your experiences to help us improve our services,” said a spokesperson.
The first focus group will take place next Friday at Chichester House, North Devon District Hospital, from 1pm to 4pm
You may also want to watch:
Future sessions will be held in the same venue on Thursday, June 23 from 2pm to 5pm, and at South Molton Community Hospital on Wednesday, June 29 from 10am to 1pm.
Jenny Jacobs, patient and public involvement manager, said the Trust was keen to understand the experiences of patients with dementia, both good and bad,
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
“We know we do some things well but are also aware that some areas could be improved for people whose lives are affected by this challenging condition,” she said.
“Dementia is common in our community and across the UK it is estimated 820,000 people are living with dementia, with that number expected to double over the next 30 years.”
Anyone interested in attending a focus group, or for more information, contact Jayne Kruszewski, on (01271) 311726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org