Hospital to review local dementia care
Feedback wanted from people who are affected by different types of dementia
NORTHERN Devon Healthcare NHS Trust wants to hear from local people affected by dementia.
As part of a review of the care it provides for patients with dementia, the Trust’s Patient and Public Involvement team is holding a series of focus groups this month.
“If you suffer from dementia, or a close relative or friend has dementia, or if you provide care and support to someone with dementia, we would like to hear your experiences to help us improve our services,” said a spokesperson.
The first focus group will take place next Friday at Chichester House, North Devon District Hospital, from 1pm to 4pm
You may also want to watch:
Future sessions will be held in the same venue on Thursday, June 23 from 2pm to 5pm, and at South Molton Community Hospital on Wednesday, June 29 from 10am to 1pm.
Jenny Jacobs, patient and public involvement manager, said the Trust was keen to understand the experiences of patients with dementia, both good and bad,
- 1 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 8 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 9 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
“We know we do some things well but are also aware that some areas could be improved for people whose lives are affected by this challenging condition,” she said.
“Dementia is common in our community and across the UK it is estimated 820,000 people are living with dementia, with that number expected to double over the next 30 years.”
Anyone interested in attending a focus group, or for more information, contact Jayne Kruszewski, on (01271) 311726 or email firstname.lastname@example.org