Hospital restrictions in place following Norovirus outbreak
- Credit: Archant
Stay away from North Devon District Hospital if you’ve experienced symptoms, say healthcare trust.
RESTRICTIONS are in place at North Devon District Hospital following an outbreak of Norovirus – the first since November last year.
People who have experienced diarrhoea and/or vomiting in the last 48 hours are asked to stay away from the Barnstaple hospital.
Those who have been in contact with anyone who has had symptoms are also advised to stay away as a precaution.
Northern Devon Healthcare Trust said some cases of the winter vomiting bug had been confirmed today (Wednesday).
You may also want to watch:
The Trust has put extra infection control precautions in place, in accordance with its Outbreak Escalation Plan.
The individuals involved have been isolated while the two wards affected – Staples and Victoria – have been temporarily closed to admissions and discharges.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 9 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
Kate Lyons, director of operations, said: “As usual, the Trust asks hospital visitors to help us by staying away if they have experienced diarrhoea and/or vomiting in the previous 48 hours, or been in contact with anyone who has had symptoms.
“We expect restrictions to remain in place over the weekend and into next week.”