Hospital restrictions in place following Norovirus outbreak
- Credit: Archant
Stay away from North Devon District Hospital if you’ve experienced symptoms, say healthcare trust.
RESTRICTIONS are in place at North Devon District Hospital following an outbreak of Norovirus – the first since November last year.
People who have experienced diarrhoea and/or vomiting in the last 48 hours are asked to stay away from the Barnstaple hospital.
Those who have been in contact with anyone who has had symptoms are also advised to stay away as a precaution.
Northern Devon Healthcare Trust said some cases of the winter vomiting bug had been confirmed today (Wednesday).
You may also want to watch:
The Trust has put extra infection control precautions in place, in accordance with its Outbreak Escalation Plan.
The individuals involved have been isolated while the two wards affected – Staples and Victoria – have been temporarily closed to admissions and discharges.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
Kate Lyons, director of operations, said: “As usual, the Trust asks hospital visitors to help us by staying away if they have experienced diarrhoea and/or vomiting in the previous 48 hours, or been in contact with anyone who has had symptoms.
“We expect restrictions to remain in place over the weekend and into next week.”