Hospital Choir reaches high notes for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Popular singing fund raisers have a successful Big Summer Concert in Barnstaple.
THE Hospital Choir has raised plenty of notes after collecting £2,622.85 from its Big Summer Concert for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
The event was held over two evenings in July at Christ Church in Barnstaple and the theme was A Night at the Musicals.
On the night they were joined by Nigel Brooks’ Panache plus the Orchard Vale School Choir.
Everyone in the choir would like to thank all those who supported the concert, either by taking part or being part of the audience.
You may also want to watch:
The choir has health workers from across Northern Devon Healthcare Trust in its ranks.
It was inspired by celebrity choirmaster Gareth Malone and his BBC series The Choir and set up in December 2011 by ward sister Angela Walter and musical director Andrea Bell.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
The group is now taking a summer break but will be back at its weekly rehearsals in September.