Hospital Choir reaches high notes for Chemo Appeal
- Credit: Archant
Popular singing fund raisers have a successful Big Summer Concert in Barnstaple.
THE Hospital Choir has raised plenty of notes after collecting £2,622.85 from its Big Summer Concert for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
The event was held over two evenings in July at Christ Church in Barnstaple and the theme was A Night at the Musicals.
On the night they were joined by Nigel Brooks’ Panache plus the Orchard Vale School Choir.
Everyone in the choir would like to thank all those who supported the concert, either by taking part or being part of the audience.
You may also want to watch:
The choir has health workers from across Northern Devon Healthcare Trust in its ranks.
It was inspired by celebrity choirmaster Gareth Malone and his BBC series The Choir and set up in December 2011 by ward sister Angela Walter and musical director Andrea Bell.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
The group is now taking a summer break but will be back at its weekly rehearsals in September.