Hospital Choir is on song
- Credit: Archant
North Devon’s health workers choir continues to raise money for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
BARNSTAPLE Hospital Choir continues to go from strength to strength and has dedicated a second year to fund raising for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
Several new members have joined the choir for 2013 and they will be putting into practise all they have learned as part of an Evening of Song at Pilton Community College on Friday.
Rejoice the Voice, 3’s Company, The Hospital Choir and Val Skull will al be taking part in the event from 7.30pm, which is raising money for Care for Kids North Devon.
The Hospital Choir is also planning concerts on July 5 and 6 at Christchurch in Bear Street, in conjunction with other local performers.
The theme is A Night at the Musicals and all are busy learning the new material.
The choir was formed last year after being inspired by the work of television choirmaster Gareth Malone, and now has some 40 Northern Devon Healthcare workers from a variety of departments in its ranks.
- 1 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 2 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 3 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 4 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 10 Verdant Leisure buys two North Devon holiday parks
Tickets for Friday’s concert cost £5 and can be reserved by calling 07582 954769, or purchased from Sainsbury’s Barnstaple customer services.