Hospital Choir is on song
- Credit: Archant
North Devon’s health workers choir continues to raise money for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
BARNSTAPLE Hospital Choir continues to go from strength to strength and has dedicated a second year to fund raising for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
Several new members have joined the choir for 2013 and they will be putting into practise all they have learned as part of an Evening of Song at Pilton Community College on Friday.
Rejoice the Voice, 3’s Company, The Hospital Choir and Val Skull will al be taking part in the event from 7.30pm, which is raising money for Care for Kids North Devon.
The Hospital Choir is also planning concerts on July 5 and 6 at Christchurch in Bear Street, in conjunction with other local performers.
You may also want to watch:
The theme is A Night at the Musicals and all are busy learning the new material.
The choir was formed last year after being inspired by the work of television choirmaster Gareth Malone, and now has some 40 Northern Devon Healthcare workers from a variety of departments in its ranks.
- 1 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 4 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
Tickets for Friday’s concert cost £5 and can be reserved by calling 07582 954769, or purchased from Sainsbury’s Barnstaple customer services.