Hospital Choir is on song
- Credit: Archant
North Devon’s health workers choir continues to raise money for the Chemotherapy Appeal.
BARNSTAPLE Hospital Choir continues to go from strength to strength and has dedicated a second year to fund raising for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
Several new members have joined the choir for 2013 and they will be putting into practise all they have learned as part of an Evening of Song at Pilton Community College on Friday.
Rejoice the Voice, 3’s Company, The Hospital Choir and Val Skull will al be taking part in the event from 7.30pm, which is raising money for Care for Kids North Devon.
The Hospital Choir is also planning concerts on July 5 and 6 at Christchurch in Bear Street, in conjunction with other local performers.
You may also want to watch:
The theme is A Night at the Musicals and all are busy learning the new material.
The choir was formed last year after being inspired by the work of television choirmaster Gareth Malone, and now has some 40 Northern Devon Healthcare workers from a variety of departments in its ranks.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
Tickets for Friday’s concert cost £5 and can be reserved by calling 07582 954769, or purchased from Sainsbury’s Barnstaple customer services.