Hospital Choir has remedy for summertime blues
- Credit: Archant
Join Barnstaple health workers for Big Summer Concert on July 5/6.
THE British weather may not be on song but Barnstaple Hospital Choir has just the prescription for the summertime blues with two nights of revitalising music.
The choir’s Big Summer Concert at Christ Church in Bear Street, Barnstaple, takes place on Friday and Saturday July 5/6 to raise money for the North Devon Chemotherapy Appeal.
The theme A Night at the Musicals, with the choir – which includes several new members - busy rehearsing the new material. Joining them on the night will be Nigel Brooks’ Panache plus the Orchard Vale School Choir.
It begins at 7.30pm on both evenings, with a raffle and refreshments on the night. Any local business willing to donate a raffle prize are invited to call the number below.
You may also want to watch:
Inspired by celebrity choirmaster Gareth Malone and his BBC series The Choir, the Barnstaple group was set up in December 2011 by ward sister Angela Walter and musical director Andrea Bell.
Now its ranks contain more than hospital and health workers from across many departments within Northern Devon Healthcare Trust, with rehearsals in the hospital gym every Wednesday evening.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Tickets to the July 5/6 concerts cost £5 and are available from Angela on 07582 954769, Lisa Roberts Hair Salon in Bear Street and choir members.